Hatfield Law Office
Burglary is defined as the unauthorized entry into a building or structure with the intent to commit crime. In Indiana, a burglary charge is a felony punishable by up to forty (40) years in prison plus fines.
We encourage you to contact us today for a free case evaluation by calling 812-422-0222
Benefits of Hiring Hatfield Law for Burglary Cases
At Hatfield Law well-versed in the latest laws and defenses of Burglary. Building a defense will require a thorough review of the facts and investigation. Our experience in defense (and in prosecution) will help provide the best result when facing criminal charges.Contact US
About Burglary Cases
Sec. 1 . A person who breaks and enters the building or structure of another person, with intent to commit a felony or theft in it, commits burglary, a Level 5 felony. However, the offense is:
- (1) a Level 4 felony if the building or structure is a dwelling;
- (2) a Level 3 felony if it results in bodily injury to any person other than a defendant;
- (3) a Level 2 felony if it:
- (a) is committed while armed with a deadly weapon; or
- (b) results in serious bodily injury to any person other than a defendant; and
- (4) a Level 1 felony if:
- (a) the building or structure is a dwelling; and
- (b) it results in serious bodily injury to any person other than a defendant.
Why Should You Hire Hatfield Law for Burglary Cases?
Hatfield Law has successfully secured case dismissals, charge reductions, and alternative sentences to avoid jail. We negotiate to our clients satisfaction, or demand your day in court.
For most of our clients, a criminal charge in Indiana, Kentucky, or Illinois is a life altering disruption to their daily life. After meeting with us during the initial consultation, our clients often report finding peace of mind. Criminal defense is about more than the system, law, or best/worst case outcomes. It is about you. It is about getting you back to the life that you had before the arrest.